EFFECTIVE: MARCH 18, 2020
We take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you when you use the Services. The information we collect from you includes: (1) information you provide directly to us; (2) information we may collect automatically, such as through cookies; and (3) other information, such as information about your device, location information, information from social networking services, and information from other sources. The information we collect may include information that personally identifies you or can be used alone or combined with other information to identify you as an individual (“personal information”). Examples of personal information include, but are not limited to, your name, your physical or email address, and your date of birth. Please note that this policy may still apply if you elect private browsing.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect and store information you provide to us directly, including information you provide to us when you register for the Services, like your name, username, and password; records and copies of your correspondence to us (including email addresses); your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete; your search queries on the Site; SMS or text messages you send as a part of a Campaign; information you post to message boards, in chat areas; and information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we, and our third-party service providers,vendors, and advertisers may use automatic data collection technologies to collect:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic pattern data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use with our Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, and browser type.
- Geolocation information.
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages are opened or forwarded.
- Demographic information that is about you individually.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We may aggregate automatically collected information with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. T
his information helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site and to certain other platforms for our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. The Services, pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We use third-party service providers for web analytic services, such as Google Analytics, with our Services, to provide us with statistics and other information about the Services and visitors to the Site and to certain other platforms for our Services.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services. It is temporarily downloaded on your device from our web server or a third-party service provider with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location–identifying Technologies. We use GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All non-public information you provide to us that we store is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and encrypted at-rest, as well as encrypted in transit via SSL. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site or through the Services or as part of our Campaigns. Any transmission of personal information, or otherwise, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or within the Services.
YOUR INFORMATION AND THIRD-PARTIES
We enable third parties to buy and collect personal information, user information, de-identified user information, or encrypted, non-human readable user information (such as, but not limited to hashed email addresses, desktop or mobile device identifiers, network cache information, network connection information, network session information, browser-level user agent information, device IP information, and/or other data) collected from devices of end users of the Services, for targeted advertising purposes through a variety of technologies and methods.
Some Services, including advertisements, and some Campaigns, are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or third parties, and we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. By linking to such websites or using such third parties’ services, we are not endorsing their content or practices. We encourage you to be aware when you access any such third-party links and to read the privacy policies of each website you access. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Information We Collect from Others
We may also collect personal information about you, your online activities, and your interactions with us, our affiliates, or others. We may receive additional information about you, from sources such as advertisers who advertise on our site, our affiliates and vendors, and other commercial sources and third parties. We may also receive information from third parties that identifies your interactions with our Services across multiple devices.
Social Networking Services
We work with third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through the Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services to share our content with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, while using our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends about your use of the Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking service, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and to otherwise carry out, evaluate, market, analyze, personalize and improve our Services, which may include storing your information and providing access and sharing of your information with our agents, vendors, suppliers, affiliates, third-party service providers, advertisers and other third parties.
- To administer Campaigns that utilize automatic telephone dialing systems, but only if you’ve opted in. When you sign up to participate in a Campaign, the information you provide may also be provided to our Campaign advertisers, operators, and sponsors, and the use of that information will be governed by those advertisers’, operators’, and sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- To contact you via email and otherwise about the Services, your account, events, services or products that we think might be relevant or of interest to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose for which you provided it.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can opt out via the manner specified in the correspondence.
We may disclose non-personal information about your use of the Services, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Such information may include aggregate or anonymized website usage data or demographic reports.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, agents, vendors, suppliers, advertisers, service providers, third-party data providers, second-party consortiums, and other third parties we do business with, or which we use to support our business, to use in performing certain functions or services on our behalf, conducting analyses, sending communications from us, including as a part of a Campaign, or marketing directly to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Services, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We reserve the right, and you hereby expressly authorize us, to disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any subpoena, court order, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights and property or to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you control over your information:
- Your Information. You may review and update certain member profile information by logging in to the relevant portion of the Services where such information may be updated.
- Unsubscribe from Emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers, we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send sponsored or dedicated messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Opt-out from SMS messages. To stop receiving SMS messages after you’ve signed up for a Campaign, just reply “STOP” to opt out and cancel the service. After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out in the manner specified in the correspondence.
Internet Based Advertising (IBA). You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org You may also opt out of receiving IBA from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice service. The tools provided on the DAA opt-out page and NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, and not us. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools. Some of our third-party service providers require us to specifically list their opt-out links, and those links, as well as as opt-out links for other providers we may use, are listed below. When you opt out, you may receive an “opt-out” cookie so that the network will know not to assign you new cookies in the future. You will continue to receive ads, but not behaviorally targeted ads. If you erase your browser’s cookies, you may need to perform this process again. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Alexa Opt-Out Link
Double Click Opt-Out Link
Facebook Opt-Out Link
Google Opt-Out Link
Google Analytics Opt-Out Link
Google Retargeting Opt-Out Link
Parsley Opt-Out Link
Piwik Opt-Out Link
Scorecardresearch Opt-Out Link
Taboola Opt-Out Link
Quantcast Opt-Out Link
Yahoo Opt-Out Link
NOTICES, DISCLOSURES, AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
To obtain this information from us, please contact us at [email protected]. You must put “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body or in the subject line of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please note that we will not accept inquiries via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to online services you visit. California Business and Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “do not track” browser settings. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. For more information on “do not track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].