We support a diverse selection of filmmakers and/or teams and provide them with critical mentorship. Through personalized sessions with seasoned and award-winning Hollywood executives, participants will gain the tools to revise and refine their projects and navigate a changing entertainment industry landscape.
In addition to Labs, Film Independent’s Artist Development programs encompass a wide range of initiatives that help filmmakers push their projects forward, including:
- Fast Track is a four-day film finance market where select fiction and nonfiction filmmakers pitch to top executives, financiers, agents and distributors.
- Fiscal Sponsorship opens the door to nonprofit funding for independent filmmakers and media artists, allowing them to seek grants and solicit donations for their project
- Global Media Makers is an innovative mentoring initiative that connects visual storytellers from around the world with leading U.S. entertainment professionals
- Grants & Awards are available to help filmmakers advance their current projects and recognize professional accomplishments in independent film
- Project Involve is Film Independent’s signature diversity program that, for over 25 years, has helped launch the careers of artists from communities underrepresented in film and entertainment.
To learn more about Film Independent Fellows and their projects, visit our Talent Guide.